Friday, October 12, 2007

Training cameramen is terrorism

Well, he is almost six years now in Guantanamo Bay. Sami Al-Haj is an Al Jazeera cameraman.
...
And what I just discovered this week -- I got it unclassified on Monday -- the latest allegations against him. Every time they come up with something, we prove it’s nonsense. And yet, on September the 11th -- this is the second time they’ve chosen September the 11th to do this -- they alleged -- and I’ve got it right here; I’m going to read it to make sure I’m accurate you -- that the training that Sami received to become a supposed terrorist was, quote, "the detainee was trained by Al Jazeera in the use of cameras." And that’s the sort depths, unfortunately, to which we’ve sunk in making allegations against people.


Democracy Now

No comments: